4 CEU HRS – DC, DACRB, CPEP®, MT, NCBTMB, CA
Digital Lifestyle Syndromes & Fall Prediction, Prevention and Rehab
Dr. Weiniger will present 4 hrs CEU at the Southern Chiropractic Conference Hosted by the Tennessee Chiropractic Association
4 CE credits presented in 2 separate sessions
- Digital Lifestyle Syndromes (2 hrs.)
- Fall Prediction, Prevention and Rehab (2 hrs.)
Visit TCA Online, or call: (615) 383-6231
Digital Lifestyle Syndromes
Posture sets the baseline for all activity and though often neglected, is an important, actionable indicator of health and performance. With topics like “Sitting is the new smoking” and “tech-neck” trending in media, posture is a growing concern in our slumping society, especially for those suffering with back and neck pain.
StrongPosture® rehabilitative protocols correct sensory-motor errors by correlating perceived posture and motion with external reality using low-tech equipment (balls, bands, foam rolls, etc.).
Tools like digital photos set an objective benchmark to observe the disparity between how people believe themselves to be standing, and the truth told by a picture.
Next, evidence supported Balance-Alignment-Motion exercise protocols systematically train symmetry of core control and functional movement for standing, sitting, moving and competing.
Experience for yourself this dynamic, hands-on group training and learn step-by-step postural assessment and rehab procedures. Monday morning you’ll be ready to join chiropractors, therapists and trainers globally who engage people with attentional focus and retrain muscle and joint control for neuromusculoskeletal pain management, performance, fall prevention, workplace wellness and active aging.
Fall Prediction, Prevention and Rehab
“I’ve fallen down and I can’t get up”. It’s not a joke, it’s a life threatening crisis. And as the leading edge of the Baby Boomer generation turns 70 the demand for fall prevention solutions will grow.
One of the biggest reasons for falls are errors in posture and motion control patterns (i.e. incorrect weight shifting). Posture and balance are two sides of the same functional coin. Integrating focused motion StrongPosture® retraining with SMT is an unrecognized opportunity for DCs to uniquely strengthen balance to reduce fall risk and promote successful aging.
Attendees will learn to:
* Assess fall risk and postural balance with low-tech, evidence based tools (i.e. GUG, ETGUG, Tinetti) and commonsense communications
* Understand the risks of a fall: Per the CDC, 1 in 3 adults over age 64 falls every year causing thousands of deaths and millions of injuries.
* Integrate active StrongPosture® rehab with passive care to functionally strengthen Balance and Posture
* Prescribe individualized daily balance training to help reduce the risk of falling, and mitigate fall related injuries.
To Register, visit Tennessee Chiropractic Association online, or call: (615) 383-6231